Search engines aren't the only way consumers have to make new purchases. Younger consumers are already moving towards sites like Facebook and Yelp which rely on the wisdom of the masses.
What can you do to assure your company wont fall by the wayside?
The more prepared you are for change, the less it hurts when it comes. So pull yourself together and get cracking.
1. Start Today
Start using social media and marketplaces to build connections.
The longer youre in there, the more respect youll get.
No matter what youre selling, make sure that you get good reviews and keep up with your customers.
It will pay off in the end.
- Come Get Your Tribe (Before It's Too Late!) (Ruud Hein)
- How To Dive Into the Social Media Marketing Jungle as a Small Business (Rana Shahbaz)
- Start Today to Achieve Your Long Term Goals (Will Reinhardt )
2. Stay Organized
Its more than just price that concerns consumers.
The speed at which you process orders, your efficiency, your shipping, all these things affect your sales.
Dont get caught up in the price and forget what goes on in the background.
- Foolproof Tricks To Staying Productive (Lyena Solomon)
- My 7 Favorite Swipe File Tools (Mandy Boyle)
- How To Organize Your Copywriting Business (Christina Gleason)
3. Bring Them Back
Plan ahead on how to keep your customers.
Yes, you may have very few, but the least you can do is keep them.
Loyalty programs, discounts and coupons bring buyers back, and can even net you some new ones.
- Optimizing Post-Conversion: Maximizing Your "Thank You" Page (Jordan Kasteler)
- 6 Tips on Post-Conversion Behavior: After the Landing Page Works (Gabriella Sannino)
- 10 Easy Ways to Combine Usability & SEO to Increase Conversions (Kim Krause Berg)
4. Keep Score
Keep track of your sales.
Where are people buying your stuff? When?
Google analytics doesnt work on marketplace sites, so invest in something that does.
The more you know, the more you grow.
- Measure Social Media Lifetime Sales ROI (Susan Hanshaw)
- Overcoming Obstacles " How To Use Virtual Pageviews in Google Analytics To Track Conversion (Glenn Gabe)
- Google Analytics Mega-Post: 23 Google Analytics Tips and Tweaks (Ann Smarty)
Youre swimming with sharks. Theres always a danger of getting eaten.
The very marketplaces youre using are also your competitors, and they know everything you know- maybe more.
Keep things diversified and dont put all your eggs in one basket.
- The 3 Biggest SEO Mistakes You Can Easily Avoid (Stacey Cavanagh)
- How To Set Up Your Own Listening Post (Bob Nunn)
- How To Spy On Your Online Competition (Wayne Barker)