Traditionally, companies have paid to advertise their products and services in locations where they can best reach their target audience. With the rise of pay-per-click (PPC) advertising in recent years, many organizations have turned their attention to marketing their products online in a cost-effective and strategic way. Here are five simple but effective tools that can assist you in your PPC campaign builds and optimizations.
This free tool can provide you with valuable insight on how visitors interact with your site and how you can continue to make your site user-friendly and accessible. It can measure sales, conversions, how long a user stays on a page and even the path they take to get to it. To quickly and easily pull data from this software, customized reports can be set up and even automated to be sent to your e-mail to save you time.
Before you begin building out an account structure for your advertising campaign, referencing this tool can be both time-saving and cost-effective. It gauges and predicts Google's audiences' interest on a keyword, over a period of time, in a specific region or country. Keyword trends can be filtered to show interest within a specific platform, location, time frame and category. Related terms are also displayed to suggest similar popular search terms that can be used for campaign build ideas.
Found under your Google AdWords account, this tool attempts to forecast traffic to your website given a list of potential keywords to add to your new and existing AdWords campaigns and ad groups. It can take into account your landing page, product category, location, language targeting, and more. The performance of these keywords, in the form of clicks, are also then provided depending on the cost-per-click range that is assigned to it.
As an extension of Bing Ads Editor, this free downloadable keyword tool provides advertisers with easy access to build and/or expand their campaigns. Based on historical traffic and audience behavior of Bing users, you can access the age and gender demographic information in which a specific keyword triggers an ad to be displayed on the search engine. You can then also make strategic and informed decisions on the keywords they bid on and their match types.
Google, Bing, And Facebook Desktop Tools
To improve advertisers' efficiency in creating, editing and managing a large number of campaigns, Google, Bing, and Facebook each designed their own offline platforms to allow users to quickly and easily make changes to their online advertising accounts. Although not all features have been made available through these tools, a number of them, including placement ads and sitelinks, have become included as they have evolved and developed. Listed below are a few unique characteristics about each device that are noteworthy as you begin working with them.
- Supports AdWords Legacy & Enhanced Campaigns
- Mobile bid adjustments can be made at a campaign level, while device preferences can be selected for individual ads.
- Provides viewing and editing opportunities to users utilizing Text, Dynamic Search, Product Listing, Display, and Image ads in their campaigns.
- Provides advertisers with the ability to see and edit extensions of their campaign, including Dynamic Search Ad Extensions, Location Extensions and Sitelinks.
- Offers the option of having a user import, retrieve and use their Google AdWords campaigns on Yahoo! Bing platforms
- Can visually see change history in graph format for the purpose of seeing how changes can affect account and campaign performance.
- Can preview ads in your account as they would appear in the search engines without it counting as an impression and reducing your click-through rate by default.
- Can easily copy and paste ad and campaign data to and from Excel and Power Editor.
- Can adjust news feeds, and create and manage page posts.
- Offers advertisers the ability to edit flight dates and ad placements, as well as customize audiences.
- Considers commas and periods as decimal indicators when inputting numeric information into the account.
Amy is a PPC Specialist who enjoys helping clients strategize, manage and expand their digital advertising initiatives across different online platforms.