Having a website is easy; driving traffic can be difficult and few manage to generate consistent amounts of traffic.
When asked about the best source of traffic, the majority of social media marketing "guru's" said Twitter is the best source of traffic.
- Complete your profile
- Use a good profile picture
- Tweet at least 5 to 10 times a day until you find your own sweet spot
- Use links in your tweets
- Use different types of content in your tweets like quotes, links, pictures etc.
- Consistent tweeting matters
- If you tweet regarding an event use a # tag
- Give credit whenever possible by adding a user's Twitter handle
- Use Twitter's search to find questions regarding your niche and answer them
- Twitter is a conversation; connect with like minded people using @ replies
- Don't over-promote yourself; most recommend using a 1:9 ratio
- Ask questions
- Use tools like www.wefollow.com to find new followers
- Engage with people; more engagement, more followers
- Promote your Twitter account on your blog, website and other social networks
- Follow Twitter power users in your niche and learn the best practices
- Retweet other people; everyone likes to be pampered
- There are plenty of tools and apps to enhance your Twitter experience; I like Hootsuite and Buffer
What is your best source of social media marketing traffic? Feel free to share your thoughts in the comments below.