Having a website is easy; driving traffic can be difficult and few manage to generate consistent amounts of traffic.
- Complete your profile
- Use a good profile picture
- Tweet at least 5 to 10 times a day until you find your own sweet spot
- Use links in your tweets
- Use different types of content in your tweets like quotes, links, pictures etc.
- Consistent tweeting matters
- If you tweet regarding an event use a # tag
- Give credit whenever possible by adding a user's Twitter handle
- Use Twitter's search to find questions regarding your niche and answer them
- Twitter is a conversation; connect with like minded people using @ replies
- Don't over-promote yourself; most recommend using a 1:9 ratio
- Ask questions
- Use tools like www.wefollow.com to find new followers
- Engage with people; more engagement, more followers
- Promote your Twitter account on your blog, website and other social networks
- Follow Twitter power users in your niche and learn the best practices
- Retweet other people; everyone likes to be pampered
- There are plenty of tools and apps to enhance your Twitter experience; I like Hootsuite and Buffer
What is your best source of social media marketing traffic? Feel free to share your thoughts in the comments below.