Each time you start a new project or enter a new niche, you can not avoid determining which sites you have to compete with.
Initially, you have to find out who your competitors are, and then go on with the detailed niche analysis. The post is about niche analysis tools which help to build the basic list of your top competitors:
This is the primary tool you should use. It was developed by EasySeoTracking with the idea to perform basic SERPs analysis faster and easier. What the Niche Analysis Tool does is investigating the SERPs for your targeted keywords and bringing back search results with the data compiled into two distinct tables.
The first one shows the number of Google Requests per month, along with Price Per Click, Clicks Per Day, Google PPC Spent Daily.
The second table provides an information on:
- Competitors URL and its position in SERPs
- Page Rank
- Number of backlinks
- Number of keywords in URL and Title
- Unique visitors per month by Compete
Go one step further and analyze your competitors backlinks to help you explore his/her link building strategies.
Paid version: premium membership (for $5.95 only) lets add up to 20 websites to your account, get daily/monthly/weekly reports, perform unlimited niche analysis requests and make use of all future updates for free.
This is an advanced keywords and niche analysis tool for Google Organic and Adwords research. For any entered domain or URL it generates a list of competitors along with their parameters:
- The search term which the site ranks by within the top 20 Google search results
- Position for this search term
- Average number of Google Requests per month
- Adwords CPC
- URL of the page displayed in Google results
- Traffic % – percentage of traffic referring to the keyword from Google organic or AdWords results
- Cost % – percentage of the whole cost of traffic on the entered search term that the website receives
- Competition in Adwords
- The number of found results
- Trend of the search term during last 12 months
Paid Version: premium members have much larger limit on results per query and requests per day, depending on the membership plan they choose; can generate a lot of advanced reports and choose from several export options.
This is the one-of-a-kind niche analysis tool. It allows seeing what sites get traffic from searches with similar keyword phrases. At first, Basic users can select between the broad and exact match, then access the following data:
- 5 top competitors which get the traffic
- Volume shows the share of an individual Site's total search traffic that is generated by this keyword
- Search Referral Share shows the share of total search traffic generated to the destination website by a specific keyword
- Average Monthly Search Referrals shows average volume of search referrals that a site receives for a three-month period
Paid Version: premium users can see much more search results than 5 competitors websites, improve search efforts with 3 additional tools, see Paid and Natural traffic composition at the keyword level, track 2 years worth of trended search referrals for a site, filter large datasets using dynamic filtering capabilities.
After you have built the list of your competitors, focus on their strengths and weaknesses to help you beat them.