Contrary to popular belief that exceptional search engine optimization or SEO practices are the end-all and be-all of online success, websites can perform remarkably well in generating genuine traffic that translates into sales through a number of other channels, such as referrals and direct traffic, besides established search engines.
The first step in attaining this success, of course, is to create quality content that gives consumers plenty of value. Content need not pertain to written texts only, despite the fact that producing well-written articles on a variety of relevant subjects can be very helpful to consumers seeking information and advice. To complement the release of articles, site owners would do well to include multimedia content like videos and podcasts. By creating different kinds of content a business is sure to have a wider reach on their audience precisely because the content is made in formats that they are sure to view.
Once a business owner has identified his target audience, outlined the information that he wishes to share with them, and produced the content in the preferred format, it's time to think about the different channels through which the content can be distributed to generate the maximum level of traffic. Remember, there's no need to focus on just one channel; success can be attained by utilizing several different channels, identifying which yield the strongest results and which need more attention, and adapting the campaign accordingly to produce the optimum level of traffic.
Here is a list of some of the different channels that site owners can use to generate the most traffic for their business:
1. Facebook. Creating a Facebook account will not only help site owners reach "Fans," but it will also give them access to thousands and even millions of "Friends of Fans." Facebook users are quick to "like" and "share" profiles and content that they believe have an innovative take on business and high quality service; informative and engaging posts can be easily shared from one person to another"how's that for free traffic?
2. Twitter. Content created for Facebook accounts can automatically be pushed to Twitter, therefore reaching even more consumers.
3. Pinterest. Images and infographics are useful in presenting quality content in a fun and interesting manner.
4. iTunes. Nearly half of Apple's revenue is from sales of the iPhone alone, so why not reach out to the millions of people who have the device in their hands using audio content?
5. YouTube. With millions of people tinkering with smartphones and iPads that have the capability to view videos while on the go, it's a good idea to create competitive video content that mobile users can view and share as well.
6. Affiliates. Creating web banners advertising a company's products on an affiliate company's site brings an entirely new audience forward. More importantly, in the event that a site owner receives penalties from major search engines or social media sites, he can still survive and generate traffic from the affiliates' own social media accounts, blogs, and other accounts.
7. Press releases, RSS, PDFs, etc. Every effort to distribute quality content through channels frequently visited by Internet users provides an opportunity for generating more traffic.
The purpose of creating quality content is to direct people's attention towards a site, enabling them to see for themselves the quality products and services in store, and motivate them to make a connection and engage in business with the company. Excellent content tells consumers that a company is serious about providing good service, and when properly distributed to several channels, potential customers will be flocking to the company site to view and purchase products, follow blog entries, and share the information to even more consumers.
If you liked this post, you might also enjoy How To Get Targeted Traffic Without Relying On Search Engines
Gale Edwards is an internet marketing enthusiast from Canada. She was able to practice her passion for teaching by sharing her knowledge regarding online marketing at Content Assault where anyone can learn various tips on creating high quality web contents that people will surely view and follow.