Michael "Graywolf" Gray suggests that alhtough the road to using tags on your web site isn't devoid of pitfalls and some gotcha's, their usage does open up some advanced strategies .
- By using tags you can provide a more granular way to break down the content on your website.
- This break down can provide alternate navigation paths to your content for both humans and search engines.
- This break down becomes more useful to humans if you link words/tags within the main body of the content.
- This break down is extremely effective for serving very targeted advertising or affiliate links.
- Care should be taken to minimize duplicate content and duplicate/similar tags
How to Use Tags on Your Blog or Website [Graywolf]