The preparing stage determines what you need to express in your post. Whether your post is to entertain, tell, or reveal your ideas, your viewers must know what you are saying. If you can really express it, it will be significantly easier, since your viewers then have a number of cues to know what you claim such as:
- The tone, frequency and level of your presentation.
- The improvements in how gradually you claim specific phrases or keywords.
- The emotions which come through.
Nevertheless, when you are creating anything, your viewers do not get the advantage of these signs. There is no meaning left in a well-written article when it does not claim a meaningful message. A great preparation has certain points systematically arranged to achieve a goal. Let us have a review of each one of them.
Begin from the center point
The very first thing to deal with is, what will your article undoubtedly be about? What is the information you wish to communicate to your audience? Decide to go for it and plan it out in one single sentence.
Approach the crux
In the midst of your article, what you need to express in your message. Here is the time to spell out your message. Speak about it a bit. Construct your heart-of-the-matter, the main crux of elaborating the center point into multiple lines.
Setting up an introduction
First handle the middle section, then decide upon the introduction. It seems a reverse cycle, but if you intend it this way, whenever you get down to creating the article neither your viewers nor you will face any difficulty with the movement of the post. It helps them to effortlessly move to another location, which makes it an easy study that needs minimal energy from your own readers.
Frame the opening
The starting phrase of one article is similar to cleaning your voice in a crowd to obtain people's attention. It must be strong enough to persuade people to talk and focus on you. Also, whatever you claim must be persuasive enough to enable users to listen to what basically you have to say. There are lots of methods to accomplish this. A number of them are shown as under:
- Question a concern to your viewers which need a solution in order to interest them, like How Pinterest actually pins user's interest on Pinboards – Part 1.
- Plan a proactive phrase, like 5 Reasons Why You Should Make Your Site Responsive As Soon As Possible.
- Use an appealing statement, like The awkward truth about Search Engine Optimization.
Close with a conclusion
The stage where your article stops is an end. But, what you actually need is really a conclusion. A great realization leaves the audience with a sense of satisfaction. It is exactly the same like when you hear a joke & laugh for as much time as you feel like.
Decide a title
You are almost nearing the completion of the planning of your post. All you have to do is get a title on board. If you do not come across a unique term or name, write down all the phrases that appear to encompass the primary information.
Eventually, the planning of your post is in place. But the fact is that you have cleared just one-third of the whole process.
In order to plan your article, you'll need to consider who you're creating it for. If your article can provide your viewers the alternatives and advantages that they are searching, you will have a way to let your audience think regarding what you want to convey in your post. Creating for the market can be accomplished by these subsequent measures:
Study your plan after re-organizing it
Set everything in the right proportion:
Study your systematic plan a few times. This may enable you to get in rhythm with the movement of an article, and can help you give attention to what you need to say. While achieving this, hold several essential things together:
- Do not concern yourself with grammatical mistakes, inappropriate word structure or something related to the caliber of your writing.
- If you are creating but wondering if your data is right, keep that portion in brackets.
- In case a metaphor comes into your thoughts while you are creating, then just include it.
- In the event that you have not produced a particular example but want one, then go with a placeholder.
- If you intend to showcase a point by quoting real data or authorized knowledge, then work with a placeholder.
- If you'd like to supply your viewers more information by relating to some other website or article, and you are aware of the website you intend to link to, just put them in brackets.
- If you do not know the website you intend to link to, work with a placeholder to assist you in recalling taking action later.
- If you are uncertain about paragraphs, arrange them in a single large block of text. You can usually develop the paragraphs later.
Load the placeholders
Identify and fill out the right estimates and data. Plan correct examples. Recognize the right URLs to utilize when giving links.
Study what you have prepared, then rewrite
As you study your article, you will find a couple of things you may want to modify, claim differently, or perhaps not claim at all. You might also get new ideas. This really is also the time for you to manage your paragraphs. An excellent guideline is that each and every thought justifies a unique paragraph. Rewrite the article until you're pleased with it.
Relax after a while
Provide yourself and your article a cooling-off period. At the least twenty four hours could be ideal.
Re-read the article and produce changes
Since you have refreshed yourself, now you will have the ability to see your own article with a fairly new perspective and a somewhat new mind. Inconsistencies in some phrases, metaphors & ideas will undoubtedly be more straightforward to identify. Resolve everything.
Produce a title
You have got your article in place, and you've an agenda for the title. Recall the name you developed to attract your audience. Shortlist several variations and select the best one.
Eventually, you're finished with creating your post. But again, this is the two-third part of the journey.
Given that you have re-oriented yourself, you can begin examining your post. Follow the measures given here and make sure to revise every time while you study your post.
Maintain the proportion
Are your conclusion, crux, & introduction balanced? Practically speaking, conclusion & introduction need to be 10% of an article, leading 80% to be incorporated in the middle.
Study what you have written. Every time you examine a new thought, make it like the start of a brand new paragraph. Cases and anecdotes could be in exactly the same section or in a brand new one. If you learn that a section is too lengthy, see where you can separate it down to generate several paragraphs. Downsize the range of your paragraphs to avoid aesthetic and emotional monotony.
Is your style right for:
- The subject?
- Your market?
- Your model?
If the tone of an article is skilled and nurturing, the line looks awkward. It seems poised and fake and the article might be great without it. If your users hear you saying that, it may perhaps not appear too bad, since some points sounds better when heard than read. However, in creating, you could perhaps not have the ability to take it off. Be aware of your style, and tone it down or up, based on what you believe your users want to stay connected.
Read out your post
Let your article be read aloud. Good, gradual, and clear. Tag precisely what seems wrong. Tag precisely what says wrong. Following the study of the whole article, repair whatever you marked.
Time to get refreshed
By now, you have accomplished the execution of plenty of work. It's time for you to rest. Please sleep for at the very least 24 hours.
Go for GPS scanning to make sure you went ahead in the proper direction. Let's look further at what questions to answer for achieving this.
G stands for Grammar & Syntax
- Are your phrases grammatically right?
- Are the sections of the sentence properly organized?
- Have you blended the tenses appropriately?
- Are your prepositions in a proper position?
- Are you currently applying way too many adjectives?
- How about adverbs?
- Have you checked the usage of sentences?
- Look out for frequent repetitions in the form of well, really & very.
P stands for Punctuation
- Does each sentence conclude with an exclamation mark, question mark, or a full stop?
- Does each sentence start off with a capital letter?
- Are quotes properly located?
- Is there a space between punctuations & words?
- Is a comma replaced by a colon or a semi-colon?
S stands for Spelling
- Once you have started creating an article for the users, you have to decide on selecting an American spelling norm (US English) or a British spelling norm (UK English).
- Spell check won't help you in most cases. You'll need to check on your spelling consciously.
- In addition, you require checking on the spelled titles of places & people correctly.
Let us stop for an instant and have a serious break. Your GPS has taken you to your destination. Ultimately, you've modified your post. In fact you have covered the final phase of content development.
What've you really inferred from this article?
You'll need to fulfill all the above mentioned 3 stages to plan a successful error-free guest post which can be briefly summarized as follows:
- Preparing each section of your post.
- Publishing while remembering your audience.
- Modifying by studying your article again and again.
All that remains now is to finally publish the article. You can certainly do that confidently. You have given everything that you possibly could to the guest post. And it surely repays you in a much extraordinary way as your viewers discover a connection & value from your end.
Michael Pina is an avid tech blogger with years of experience in various IT domains who is currently associated with SPINX Inc., a Los Angeles, California based leading website design, web development and internet marketing company.