Does Twitter have you addicted? If it does, chances are you don't know it, and probably wouldnt admit it if you did.
Twitter is becoming ever-popular as a platform for micro-blogging that lets users send messages (tweets) to their relatives, friends and acquaintances. As Twitter's popularity has gone through the roof, so has the number of cases of Twitter addiction.
If you can answer yes to a handful of these questions, then you probably have an addiction to Twitter. Of course, if you answer yes to ALL of these questions then you may need serious psychological assistance.
- Do you get overly excited when a Twitter user follows you?
- When Twitter has an outage, do you see it as an apocalypse?
- Do you add RT and to e-mails for your friends and families?
- Do you beg the readers of your blog to follow you, and to re-tweet your tweets?
- Are you more of a full-time tweeter than a full-time blogger?
- Do you skip work to spend the day on twitter, claiming that your followers need you?
- When at work, do you tweet more than work? (This might cause you trouble if your boss get a background check company to look into your online activities.)
- Do you feel absolutely euphoric when someone re-tweets your tweet?
- Do you constantly search for your twitter name in real-time search?
- Do you refresh Twitter every five seconds?
- Does your e-mail signature include a link to your Twitter profile?
- Do your business cards include your Twitter ID?
- Is Twitter your browser homepage?
- Do you have a note that you hang on your door that says Do not disturb, I am on Twitter?
- Have you added your Twitter name to your Google alerts?
- Do you blog about Twitter apps?
- Is your away message Follow me at Twitter.com?
- Do you use Twoogle? (If you are truly addicted, you know what that is)
- Do you harass your friends and family to sign up for Twitter?
- Do you introduce yourself by calling yourself a tweeter?
- Do you distribute propaganda, urging people to follow you?
- Have you asked the boss wife to follow you?
- Did you have your Twitter ID added to your license plate?
- Do you wear clothing with a Twitter logo?
- Do you tell your wife you will divorce her if she doesnt sign up and follow you?
What's your telltale sign someone might be on the Twitters too much?