Public Relations Manager
We have an immediate need for a self-motivated, energetic Public Relations Manager to manage Search Engine Peoples public relations, brand and communications.
We're looking for someone who will thrive in a dynamic environment, is a self-starter, takes initiative, and is passionate about what they do well. We work hard AND play hard, and we recognize and reward our people.
Being at the forefront of strategy and execution, we are always in need of smart people who like to get things done. If you are looking for more than just a place to work, and embrace challenge and change, this position may be the right fit for you.
What youll do:
- Craft and pitch compelling story ideas to media; develop industry-specific media relationships especially within the blog community and serve as a media resource
- Identify, develop and maintain media and PR relationships
- Develop and execute media and public relations plans and strategies
- Write, edit and publish PR and marketing materials including press releases, blog posts, media alerts, and any other writing assignments
- Analyze and report activities on a monthly basis and bring forward new opportunities
- Monitor and act-on relevant/timely industry-related news
- Stay current with social media and PR trends and tools " includes attending networking and educational events, reading blogs, listening to podcasts, etc
What you have:
- Aptitude for pitching and cultivating relations with media
- Strong ability to craft and position compelling messages
- Excellent problem solving skills, combined with creativity and research
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven negotiation skills
- Strong customer service orientation and professionalism
- Ability to collaborate with various stakeholders
- Ability to work equally well in a self-directed manner or as part of a team
- A roll-up the sleeves attitude with the intense drive to make things happen
- Strong understanding of the digital marketing and digital technologies industry
- At least three (3) years agency or internal public relations experience
- University degree or equivalent in related subject area
Search Engine People Inc. is a results focused digital marketing company. Our mantra is Win-Win-Win. Clients must win, employees must win, and the company must win! This mantra guides all company decisions and actions, and speaks to the tremendous success of the firm.
Search Engine Peoples clients stay with the firm year after year simply and honestly because of the commitment to executing high-quality sustainable campaigns that deliver results in the long run. Search Engine People is committed to building long-term relationships with its clients and partners, and enjoys helping clients navigate the challenges of growing their businesses through the online channel.
We have been named one of Canadas fastest growing companies the past five years by Profit Magazine.
Our head office is conveniently located in Pickering, Ontario, just east of Toronto and is easily accessible by car, bus and GoTrain. In addition to a competitive pay and benefits plan, we offer a great innovative, forward thinking culture where your contributions are recognized.
How to apply:
Candidates should forward their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.