About two months ago, I bought a turnkey site. I wanted to run some tests on such a site to see how difficult it would be to handle various aspects of working with a site that wasn't coded to be search engine friendly. Of course, I immediately made some changes to make it search engine friendly, but I left some things alone for testing purposes. As it turns out, the site immediately ranked well in both Yahoo and MSN, and it is getting some very good traffic from these sources. However, for the life of me, I cannot get it indexed at all in Google. I've got good links pointing to it from well-ranked, indexed, on-topic pages. I even created a Google sitemap, which has been spidered hundreds of times by Google. Still...not a single page indexed by Google. I decided that perhaps the domain name had some sort of previous penalty attached to it (just a wild guess on my part, as I don't see any evidence of that from archive.org). So, I sent in a reinclusion request to Google, explaining that I was a new owner of the site, and the site was squeaky clean (which it is), blah blah blah. Still...nothing...nada...zip. This is a first for me. I can usually get a site indexed within 48 hours max. This is one time I think Google has really dropped the ball.
Just needed to moan and complain. Moaning done now. 🙂