If you don't have a blog to boost your local business, then I suggest you make a goal to have one up and running within the next one to two weeks. Statistics prove that a blog is one of the tops social media tools to generate traffic and boost sales for your local business.
And it goes without saying that one of the main areas of focus to generate readers who keep coming back for more (and refer your blog to others) is to create strong, relevant, newsworthy content free of punctuation and grammatical errors. Once you have the content piece down for your blog, there are other ways to create buzz and generate revenue from your blog. Below are five easy-to-use and implement ideas that can generate more income for your local business. Start with one or two and see how they work for you, and then add on more.
- Affiliate programs. Look for affiliate programs that complement your business and link to them from your blog. Affiliate programs are generally free to participate in, and you get a small commission when consumers purchase from the company you're affiliated with via a link provided by you.
- Ask for help. Some will be more comfortable using this tactic than others, but if you have a strong following, then it doesn't hurt to create a donate button on your blog where avid fans can support your blog or local business by donating some money to help you out.
- Sell products. Every local business owner can benefit from offering their products and services for purchase on their blog. Its also a great idea to create relevant and interesting eBooks and other downloadable material for people to purchase to support your local business.
- Sponsored promotions or competitions. Look for businesses that complement yours and are willing to donate items that you can use as giveaways for promotions and competitions on your site. This can drive a lot of traffic to your site, and you can also choose to charge to participate in such events.
- Amazon links. More and more blogs are using this tactic, and its no wonder with Amazons huge popularity and easy-to-implement affiliate program. List products that are relevant to your local business and industry that will intrigue readers to click on them and purchase them! Its also helpful to highlight a product or two and blog about it to generate more interest.
Blogging is great for local businesses, and these ideas can give you more bang for your buck. What's even better is the fact that all of these suggestions are relatively low maintenance, as well. Once you set them up on the front-end, you basically just need to sit back and let the income come rolling in; not to mention, you'll be generating more quality traffic and leads to your blog, which means a higher conversion rate to directly boost sales for your local business. Good luck!
If you liked this, you might also enjoy 10 Must Have Social Media Resources for Marketing Local Business