SEO is not dead, despite what click-baiting headlines peppered across the web may tell you. Nor has Inbound Marketing taken its place. But, you would be forgiven for thinking either of these are true. The number of articles, blogs, rants, etc., that pit SEO against Inbound Marketing in a winner-takes-all scenario are plentiful.
More accurately, Inbound Marketing and SEO are two sides of the same coin, and have a similar goal in mind: the development of creative and effective marketing! Marketing automation can be used in many ways to offer feedback on your SEO efforts and vice-versa.
For example, marketing automation software can:
- Offer detailed reports on how your site visitors are finding you.
- Track keyword performance over time & find out which keywords close leads.
- Identify which content is most likely to increase organic visitors.
- Tell you which content is generating the most leads, so you can improve blogging efforts.
- Score your site's pages based on its title, content, alt tags on images, inbound links, keywords it is currently ranking for and where it is ranking.
- Compare your site's content against your competitors and show how difficult it will be for you to rank for the same terms.
- And much more!
To find out more about how inbound marketing and SEO can work together to improve your website's rankings and get more leads, contact the Marketing Automation experts at Search Engine People.