Why Content Marketing?
Traditional marketing tactics are not as effective as they once were. Consumers today primarily research their purchases online when they're considering purchasing a product or service, and therefore rely much less on traditional intrusive media. Even if traditional media does peak our interest in a product or service, we're still likely to research the product online before purchasing.
Performing such research means finding answers to the many questions we have before making the ultimate decision to purchase. Questions such as:
- what do I need to know to make an informed decision about this product/service?
- what are all the features and options?
- in what situations are certain features useful and necessary?
- how does one company or product compare with another :
- feature wise
- quality wise
- price wise?
- can I trust this company?
- what are the strengths and weaknesses of this product/service/company?
- is delivery available?
- what have others said about this company?
- has the company dealt with anyone else I know?
The better a company answers these questions with the content they display online, the more likely they are to win our business. At the same time, the better the quality of the content, the more likely it is to Get Found by even more prospects because it:
- 'earns' high rankings in major search engines, and
- gets shared more frequently via social media
Finally, content is unlike any other form of media in that content is the only form that can demonstrate compound results, continuously building upon all previous efforts, and does not cease to produce results once its stopped.
"content is the only form of media that compounds results and doesn't cease to produce results once it is stopped!"
Why Use SEP?
Although content is at the heart of inbound marketing and digital media, content alone is not enough. Instead, a content strategy utilizing all the types of content at your disposal must be developed with your business objectives in mind. Gone are the days of merely blogging content is about so much more than that.
SEP employs a proven methodology that helps identify the questions of prospects, answers those questions, and leads them to the decision that they want to do business with your company! In essence, SEP's Content Marketing Strategies are designed to answer questions at each stage of the buying process, and ultimately to 'earn' the prospects business.
At SEP, we practice what we preach, and our results are proof positive that we're the best in the industry at producing remarkable content, and sound content strategies.
- SEP has been on Profit Magazine's Profit 100 (the list of the 100 fastest growing companies in all of Canada) for 4 consecutive years (2012, 2011, 2010, 2009)
- SEP's site is in the top 12,000 most trafficked sites in the world today (according to Alexa)
- SEP content consistently appears in high profile media such as Toronto Star, Globe and Mail, New York Times, Profit Magazine, Marketing Magazine, Huffington Post, RainToday
"remarkable content will be the key to success online for most businesses in just a few years, and companies that begin now can build a sustainable competitive advantage!"
Our content strategies are designed to improve the effectiveness of all other media a company is using. SEP's system is designed specifically to unite all elements of a company's marketing mix into a cohesive marketing strategy. In fact, when utilized with other media, SEP's Content and Inbound Marketing solutions provide structure and purpose for the other media, are designed to supercharge their effectiveness.
SEP will either develop high quality content directly for you, or will work with you to develop high quality content to speak to questions at each phase of the buying process. We define groups of buyers, determine their information needs, and then deliver content, measure its impact and refine the content strategy going forward.
SEP develops all types of content including product/service pages, blog posts, e-books, whitepapers, newsletters, images, articles, infographics, press releases, video, primary research, contests, podcasts and much more. Each type of content has strengths and weaknesses, and therefore has different roles in the overall content strategy.
SEP is Results Focused As a result, SEP is channel agnostic. If social channels drive more conversions and sales than radio or search, then we'll shift more resources to social and content.