We're all in for a treat with this session! Mike O'Sullivan and Chau Le of Microsoft Canada discuss how you can drive customers through the purchase funnel.... with a little help from our friend, Display.
So, why Search and Display Together?
- Bring new prospective customers into the Purchase Funnel
- Target customers at key touch points in the funnel
- Create a pull and push mechanism that overcomes disruption caused by media fragmentation
Some Research Stats from Chau Le:
- 31% of Internet Users who respond to Online Advertising Clicked on the Ad Itself; Another 27% used a Search Engine
- When the latency element is factored in, the number of Internet users who perform a search for the company, product or service, that was the focus of the online display ad... nearly doubles from 27% to 49%
- When Search is Paired with Display, click volume increased by 27% and conversions by 41%
- Users exposed to both search and display converted at a much higher rate... 22% better than search alone!
- When the messaging in your Search and Display campaigns are consistent with each other, Paid Search clicks increase by 65% and CTRs by 58%
So, what are the key takeaways here?
- Adopt a holistic approack towards your campaigns by using both display and search to influence the consumer in their journey from awareness to purchase
- Bring new prospective customers into the funnel by running display campaigns.