For a social network with around 200 million members, you would probably say that it is the online equivalent of a ghost town. That is, when you compare the number of users LinkedIn has compared to its fellow networking sites.
Despite having fewer members, you can still use this platform to build a presence for your business. In fact, the importance of the site continues to grow and is regularly used by professionals around the world for networking purposes.
Through this social channel, you can communicate and share ideas with people within your sector. In addition, those who connect with you and your business are likely to share similar interests with you or are interested in what your enterprise offers.
Now, the problem lies in getting these people to notice you on the network. For this to happen, a series of tactics has to be put in place. Here are a few for you to consider:
Optimise your company profile
Since your main goal is to be found, it is crucial for your business page to be really detailed. Here are a couple things to do:
- Provide a descriptive summary of your venture. This should contain all the necessary information a customer needs to know about your enterprise.
- Put in the right keywords. When describing your company, it helps to include relevant terms. Doing this allows your page to appear in search results conducted on the site itself.
- Add information about your products and services. It is vital to let people know what your company provides. It is also important to be really descriptive in this section so potential customers get a clear idea about the product or service you offer.
- Include a cover image. This aids in capturing the attention of a visitor. Furthermore, do not hesitate to add a video (can be one featuring a demonstration of your product) if it is relevant enough to share.
Share relevant content
There are several items worth sharing on your LinkedIn profile. Some of these include:
- Relevant articles in your industry. If you find an interesting post, which you deem valuable for your followers, go ahead and let them know about it. If you do this constantly, you increase the chances of being seen as a source for the latest news in your industry.
- Informative write-ups from your company blog. The post you created should not be relegated within the confines of your portal. It should be spread across various channels so others would know about it. This is why it is important to share a link to posts, which your followers find useful. Doing this establishes your venture as a credible source for industry insights and helps drive relevant traffic to your site.
- Simple updates from your business. This lets those who follow you be aware of the latest happenings in your company. It could range from a simple heads up regarding a new product or a need to fill in a vacancy.
Engage with users
There is a reason that LinkedIn is called a professional social network. Being put under this category means there is a need for interaction. Since this plays a major role in getting your venture known on the platform, it is crucial to:
- Respond to comments left by users. This helps boost user engagement on your profile and is vital in making visitors stay longer on your page. Apart from that, it increases the possibility of starting meaningful discussions and establishing good relations with other members.
- Leave comments on the updates of others. The same with the point mentioned above, this is another good way engage with your connections. Who knows? You might even gain a new follower because they liked the information you shared.
Join industry-specific LinkedIn Groups
In order to be seen as a reliable source of information in your industry, you need to voice out your opinion on related matters. Group discussions provide an avenue where you can do exactly that.
Here are a few ways to share what you know through LinkedIn Groups:
- Participate in an ongoing conversation. If you have an idea to contribute, do not hesitate to do so. As mentioned above, this gets interaction going. Plus, sharing informative insights prompts other users to check out your profile. If they like what they see, your business may have earned itself a new follower.
- Start a new discussion. If you want to talk about a recent event in your niche but no one has started a topic around it, you can create one yourself. Doing this allows you to know what others in your industry think about a certain subject.
Furthermore, you have the freedom to create your own group. Before doing so, it is important to check if one already exists to avoid duplicates.
In particular, gather recommendations for your products and services. Getting a sufficient amount of these is a great way to spread the word about what you offer.
Through this feature, users can leave a comment about any of the items you listed in your "Products & Services" tab.
LinkedIn is just one among the many social media sites out there. What makes it different is its focus on establishing professional connections. This is what makes it an ideal network for businesses to join.