Ms. Dewey is a frontend to Microsoft Live Search (and is produced by Microsoft).
It contains over 600 actions which were filmed over a 3 day period.
Some actions are chosen at random, some are based on specific words; a little bit of an Easter Egg principle.
We, the female staff, caught the SEP guys doing extensive research (…) on how to get Ms. Dewey to say what. While they're now back to *serious* work, here's there list.
- Make Ms. Dewey think you're a sensitive guy
Easter egg: dance
- Make Ms. Dewey dance like a robot
Easter egg: robot dance
- Think you can have Ms. Dewey do the chicken dance?
Easter egg: chicken dance
- Birth control pills or breath mints?
Easter egg: pregnancy
"Honey, have you seen my birth control pills?"
- Is Ms. Dewey "all natural"?
Easter egg: Michael Jackson
- Make Ms. Dewey flip out and swear
Easter egg: yo mama
Can also be triggered with: ghetto
"… ghetto fabulous m<beep>f<beep>…"
- Ms. Dewey's political aspirations
Easter egg: George Bush
- Are you tripping yet?
Easter egg: illegal drugs
"If these walls could talk…"
- Ms. Dewey misunderstands "extreme" sports
Easter egg: sports
Can also be triggered with: games
- Ms. Dewey doesn't care about professional athletes until…
Easter egg: Peyton Manning
"I'll start caring about professional athletes when…"
- Have Ms. Dewey check out your MP3's and potentially rat you out to your friends
Easter egg: iPod
"I've checked out your MP3 collection…"
- Ms. Dewey and time to get naked?
Easter egg: Angelo Sotira
"It's time to get naked…"
- Ms. Dewey's Hollywood prediction and her own predicament
Easter egg: Jessica Simpson
- Mistaken identity or political statement? You decide
Easter egg: Tony Blair
"…if I dress like a man…"
- Make Ms. Dewey play a video game
Easter egg: Halo
- Ms. Dewey shows her amazing beer jug
Easter egg: beer
- Learn the basics of life from Ms. Dewey
Easter egg: life
"It's the same old story. Guys sees girl. Guy gets girl…."
- Bonus phrases:
Type "television" to have Ms. Dewey wonder who does the TV ratings or what the Internet is if television is the opium of the masses.
Type "Google" or "Microsoft" to get a Ms. Dewey statement on geeks ("...underwear on your head…" ) or illegal software.