Often when people start working for traffic on their website, they get a negative response from search engine results. Getting targeted traffic from search engines is not an easy task. Yet traffic being the fuel of all online business you need to get it somehow. Search engines are not sole gateway to drive traffic to your site, there are plenty more methods by which you can get your targeted traffic.
1. Participate and showcase your website in every social media platform. But it should not be restricted to just creating a page, you should create a healthy relations with your customers. Make them sense that you care for their time. Creating special video or audio tutorials can create this impression. Share creative and useful content on all of your pages. Reply to their queries as soon as possible. Add social network bottoms on your website, preferably at the end of every post.
2. Engage yourself in guest blogging to websites belonging to your niche. Blogs are a great source for traffic, guest post on quality blogs can bring back traffic from those blogs. Commenting on blogs can also deliver back links but remember do not blindly comment on every other blog, post the comments only when you have something important to deliver.
3. Advertise your website using various services available such as Google ads, Facebook ads, and pay per click. Pay per click can be a very option to drive traffic in the form of ads. You can even submit your ads offline like newspaper or an article covering your website, radio local television station if your niche covers that field. You can even advertise using online yellow pages.
4. Add a blog to your website; blog can attract quality traffic courtesy to their huge content. Blogs have a dynamic content enriched with powerful keywords; use these keywords to attract your customers. Blogs give you the option of adding many multimedia features as well which can be eye catching. But keep posting in post at regular intervals on the blog. Add a forum to the blog and enable guest posting. Guest posting sometimes can attract huge traffic.
5. Distribute some freebies with your website logo on it like T-shirts and mugs. Organize free seminars in your local area; collaborate with important people there to increase the buzz. Or you may create some unique tool or a video and post it on Google for free, link your site with it. If your idea works off you may see a sudden burst of traffic coming your way.
6. Create a mobile version of your site to cover some more audience. Mobile phone have seen a rapid increase in the last 5 years, a mobile version can diversify your promotion. Develop an iPhone app of your site for the same reason. iPhone is a powerful and important tool, grab its benefit for your benefit.
Traffic simply does not mean just visitors; before you start with the traffic campaign make sure you have mark your goals. Focus on attracting targeted visitors, who can increase your online income; the ultimate aim of every online business.
Alyssa Clarke is a passionate blogger who also happens to be a tech freak.