JOIN OUR WINNING TEAM!
Search Engine People is an award-winning agency who has spent nearly two decades establishing itself as one of Canada’s top search marketing firms, and a respected Google Premier Partner.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Are you a forward-thinking Paid Media Specialist? Do you thrive in a dynamic, innovative environment helping clients achieve (and exceed!) their goals? Do you love sharing your knowledge and working cross functionally? If so, we have a fantastic opportunity for you to join our team! This position is based in our head office located in Pickering, ON. We offer a competitive salary and bonus, health & dental package, casual dress code, paid vacation, summer hours, Christmas shutdown, flex hours/work from home & other perks. The location is easily accessible with free onsite parking/ within 5 minutes walking distance to the Go Station
WHO YOU ARE:
You have a keen eye for detail, a solid business acumen and are comfortable bringing your ideas forward. You’re organized, methodical, creative and can prioritize. You are a self-starter who stays current with industry trends and best practices. You drive results and bring innovative ideas on how to do it all better.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Certified as a Great Place to Work, Search Engine People is committed to attracting, developing and retaining the very best people. We offer a flexible, motivating and inclusive workplace, where talent is truly recognized, developed and rewarded.
A competitive salary and bonus, health & dental package, casual dress code, paid vacation, summer hours, Christmas shutdown, flex hours/work from home and other perks. The location is easily accessible with free onsite parking, and within 5 minutes walking distance to the Go Station.
What you’ll do:
As our Paid Search Specialist, you will be responsible for developing, implementing, managing and improving the paid media strategies and campaigns for clients. You will manage strategies across all digital channels including Search, Display, Video and Social platforms. You will be the strategic force that aligns paid media channels and innovations with client objectives. Key expectations are:
- Have ownership and management of highly optimized paid campaigns for our clients across Search (SEM), Display, Video and Social platforms.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of clients’ business objectives and audiences to proactively identify optimization and expansion opportunities.
- Analyze campaigns and implement optimization and testing strategies to ensure goals are met or exceeded.
- Grow deep client relationships built on trust, strong communication skills, and active account management and opportunity identification.
- Manage monthly spends and forecast campaign budges to ensure a high ROI.
- Conduct keyword research, create ad copy and generate reports measuring against client’s KPIs.
- A/B testing of ad copy, landing pages and targeting options
- Maintain knowledge and expertise with PPC and stay current with industry trends and best practices.
What you have:
- 2-4 years’ experience working in a Search Engine Marketing (SEM) role with Paid Advertising experience (Google, Yahoo/Bing, Display, Social,Video).
- E-Commerce experience is a definite asset
- Must be fluent with AdWords Editor, Bing Editor and Facebook Power Editor.
- Experience with digital reporting, tracking and analytics, including Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager.
- Strategic and analytical mindset with a proactive approach to client and campaign management.
- Strong communication and presentation skills to develop and maintain close relationships with clients, vendors and internal teams.
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently and with a team.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task, prioritize and meet deadlines.
The top executives in SEP are hard working, and incredibly humble and down to earth. Never have I seen such a group of people who are genuine and always energetic.
Work Life Balance
SEP is very open to remote work and flexible hours, as well as work from home opportunities. Most people only work 9-5, not like a typical agency where you are killing yourself with 60+ hour work weeks.
Opportunity For Growth
There’s always an opportunity to make your own place in the organization based on your own passions and where you feel most rewarded. Every employees input is valued, with tons of opportunity to share your own insights.
Where You Will Work
- Enjoy working office where you can mingle in the cafeteria or enjoy many social and charitable events.
- There are a variety of walkable restaurants which turns picking a team lunch location into a high-consideration, strategic decision.
- Getting your fitness fix is easy with a Goodlife across the street.
- Reduce your time spent running errands throughout the week – there’s a large Loblaws and full mall all at the same intersection that’ll have what you need.
- Live downtown? No problem. SEP is located right beside a GO station and offers partial work-from-home options to make your work life balance even better
Why Search Engine People
At Search Engine People (SEP), our core belief is that it is possible to build an environment where all stakeholders benefit from a relationship, and that any situation where one party loses at the expense of another winning, is short term thinking. Accordingly, SEP’s over-riding mantra is Win-Win-Win. We believe that in any engagement, Clients must win, employees must win, and the company itself must win! Any departure from this state means long term relationships are not possible. This mantra guides all company decisions and actions and speaks to the tremendous success and growth of our firm. While Win-Win-Win defines our core belief, our approach to ensure that everyone wins from the relationship is a commitment to:
- Process: we build processes to ensure that we bake proven practices and all key learnings, into a consistent solution with predictable results.
- Hire the Best Employees: SEP cannot be the best without having exceptionally talented and passionate individuals committed to making a real difference, and a desire for action to actually make it happen.
- Specialization: to have specialists in each facet of digital marketing, and actually BE the best. Specialization permits SEPers to eat, sleep, and breathe their particular passions, to become industry experts, and ultimately to LOVE what they do.
- Develop Leading Edge Technologies: we believe that in order to have a role in the future of our industry, we need to redefine it. Accordingly, we spend significant resources to develop proprietary technologies to create efficiencies, give unprecedented insights and competitive advantages to clients, and to automate the boring, mundane, repetitive tasks that ultimately allow talented SEPers to focus on what they do best.
- An Amazing Wacky Culture: While Win-Win-Win is our mantra, our culture reinforces our belief that each party has to win from the relationship. It’s fun yet focused. Nerdy, but professional. Genius yet humble. We enjoy each other, but aren’t afraid to challenge. The word ‘status quo’ does not exist at SEP.