Conversion rates are popular figures used in online marketing to analyze the percentage of users taking a desired action. In simple terms, a conversion is "the task you want your web visitor to do on your website." This can be signing up for a newsletter, buying a product, scheduling a service, etc. If optimized correctly, conversion rates can hugely benefit your business.
What Is CRO (Conversion Rate Optimization)?
Conversion rate optimization, abbreviated CRO, helps in converting your site's web visitors into potential customers. To achieve effective results, make sure that your website has a considerable amount of traffic before using this process. Traffic on your website is one of the most important factors of success. However, if maximum people are just getting there and not buying, signing up, or completing your conversion goal, then you're definitely missing the biggest opportunity.
Don't worry because you can still grab this opportunity by improving your site's conversion rate. Following all search engine guidelines, covering all website on-page factors like adding meta content, alt tags, using markups is essential. But doing all of these things won't guarantee conversions because it highly depends on user experience. SEO with good user experience leads to conversions given that you're providing valuable products to users.
Conversion rate optimization is the process of changing website elements to improve user experience. During this process, you can test elements like landing page design, images, call-to-action buttons, and content multiple times to see which give you more conversions. The main advantage of conversion rate optimization is that it'll increase conversions without affecting website traffic. Ultimately, conversions will boost your website's revenue. There are many conversion rate optimization tools available to help reach your goals.
Choosing Conversion Rate Optimization Tools
Here I've listed the most important factors you should consider when picking the right conversion rate optimization tools for your website:
- Initial set-up cost: The cost of conversion rate optimization tools vary according to their features. Many companies offer free trial versions, whereas some charge initial set-up costs. So, you must compare the set-up costs and included tool features to choose the one that fits.
- Ongoing costs: Ongoing monthly costs of conversion rate optimization tools vary from company to company. Of course, you must compare all software features and ongoing costs for appeasing your budget.
- Technology compatibility: Technology compatibility is very important for getting good CRO results. Select the software that has better compatibility with the technology of your website. Remember not all tools are compatible to each website technology.
- A/B Testing options: A/B testing is a common technique used on conversion rate optimization tools. A/B testing, also known as split testing, is a method of website optimization that compares two versions (A and B) of a website. You should check whether the tools provide split testing options or not.
- MVT (Multivariate testing): Multivariate testing (MVT) is similar to A/B testing, but it compares a higher number of variables. Therefore, it can reveal more information for conversion optimization. If you're likely to perform multivariate testing later, pick a tool with such an option.
- Types of MVT: There are many different ways of carrying out MVT tests. You can show every single possible combination of page elements through MVT. Thus, it becomes necessary for you to check the MVT types provided by the conversion rate optimization tools.
- Self-hosting option: CRO tools generally provide the option to host the software, but sometimes they don't. Find out whether this option is included in the CRO tools package or not.
- Multiple goals: When using conversion rate optimization tools, there are many times when you want to track more than one goal to reap the maximum outcome. It's always beneficial to check whether the software provides multiple goal tracking.
- Traffic segmentation: Traffic segmentation helps you to analyze visitor's behavior effectively. Thus, you must choose a CRO tool that provides this traffic breakdown option.
- Email campaigns: HTML emails can be tested in a similar way to web pages because email campaigns happen within a short space of time. You should choose a conversion rate optimization tools that provide email campaign testing.
- Creation of web pages: Many of the software tools have built-in platforms for editing and designing web pages, whereas others don't. Choose a tool that gives you the ability for creating pages.
- Customer support: You must choose software that provides 24/7 customer support. This makes sure you'll get answers too all of your queries. Some software companies provide face-to-face customer support for better service.
- Self service/Full service: Some conversion rate optimization tools offer only self service, which means limited support. However, many CRO software tools provide full support to help customers. Clarify what type of service you require to go further. If you're tech-savvy, then self service is fine because it's less costly.
List Of Conversion Rate Optimization Tools
1. AB Tasty
AB Tasty helps online marketers increase conversion rates through A/B testing and content personalization. You can improve your visitor's user experience and increase your website's revenue. With the AB Tasty CRO tool, you can boost up your sales while also checking important website performance indicators like registration rates, purchase rates, etc.
- Traffic segmentation is available.
- The A/B Tasty team is always asking for feedback to make the tool better.
- The WSIWYG editor comes to make easy changes.
- Multivariate testing allows you to test multiple page elements.
- This conversion optimization tool can lag sometimes.
- Segmenting traffic between a control page and variation is quite difficult.
- Training materials need improvement.
2. Adobe Target/Adobe Marketing Cloud
Adobe Target is designed to find the best converting content through testing so that you can develop more effective marketing messages. It helps you to personalize your content and deliver the right ads to the right customers. Everything related to conversion rate optimization is managed easily with this tool.
- Advanced targeting capabilities offered.
- Integration with site catalyst.
- Test creation is rapid.
- The current docs for advanced stuff don't work properly.
- Standard WYSIWYG version of TnT (Test & Target) is new and full of bugs.
The AvenSEO tool gives you a lot of information regarding your potential audience's behavior. It's available with plenty of amazing features that can help you convert your website visitors into potential customers. You can measure your conversion rate, revenue, and customer satisfaction easily.
- You can measure modifications on your site.
- You can control your e-marketing efficiency and performance.
- Integration with web analytics.
- The A/B and multivariate testing platform helps optimize conversions.
- CMS plugins aren't available.
- It lacks the robust analytics feature.
4. Click Throo
Click Throo is one of the important conversion rate optimization tools for landing page marketing. It allows you to create landing pages, segment campaigns, and split tests. You can track all the data you need for improving your conversion rate.
- It provides A/B Testing.
- Multiple goals can be set easily.
- The tool cannot be self hosted.
- It doesn't provide a platform for creating pages.
The Conductrics tool optimizes your campaigns on autopilot. It automatically selects the best option for each user in real-time. Therefore, you can get the best visitors from the crowd.
- It provides both A/B and MVT testing.
- Traffic can be segmented.
- The tool can be used in email campaigns.
You're unable to create web pages.
This is one of the unique free conversion rate optimization tools that displays a visual heatmap of clicks on your website. ClickHeat identifies cold and hot areas, thus showing where visitors tend to click on the links. You can then optimize your website accordingly.
- It can be used within a Linux or Windows server.
- It creates a directory for every page title.
- If you use URL for tracking, this can affect disk usage and limits.
Marketizator makes A/B testing simple. It's available in eight features that will help you get the most appropriate results, so you can make the right decisions.
- It provides an easy-to-use interface.
- You can track clicks on multiple parts of the page without IT integration.
- It won't provide heat maps.
8. Google Analytics
Google Analytics allows you to track website behaviors. Reports are accessible on traffic sources, content, visitors, engagement, and eCommerce sales. Google Analytics is one of the most popular conversion rate optimization tools on the market. It can help you identify your most profitable, marketing channels. Both free and paid versions of Google Analytics are available.
- The tool's easy to install
- Traffic segmentation is readily available.
- One analytics account can host multiple users.
- Easy for A/B testing upto 10 pages
- It's unable to export raw data.
- The amount of information can be overwhelming for beginners only.
- Multivariate testing not available
Maxymiser is another of the top conversion rate optimization tools. It can give you all essential information related to your customers. Then, you can make the data-driven decisions to positively improve user experience. For eCommerce stores, Maxymiser might be the best testing solution.
- It can be self hosted.
- Both A/B and MVT testing are available.
- The tool can't create web pages.
Unbounce is marketed as the ultimate landing page testing software for agencies. There's a drag & drop feature for quickly creating stunning landing pages. Designs are 100% customizable and mobile responsive for good user experience.
- It can create web pages.
- Customer support is available by phone.
- It provides only A/B testing.
- The tool cannot be self-hosted.
Woopra is a free, premium analytics tool that has a number of robust features. The tool features will give something valuable to every owner, whether it's a small business or large corporation.
- Woopra has a robust customer service team.
- Every site visitor has a profile and you can view data on their life cycle.
- Third party integration is limited.
- Limit of 90 days data history in the free version.
- Data cannot be exported in Excel format.
Clicky is another of the free, premium conversion rate optimization tools. You can monitor visitors in real time by viewing the actions they're taking and pages they're viewing. Clicky is quite similar to Google Analytics.
- Clicky provides the ability to monitor up to five keywords on Twitter.
- You can sort by different criteria, such as hashtag, questions, links, etc.
- Funnel visualization is poor.
13. Crazy Egg
Crazy Egg software allows you to understand how people interact with elements on your pages. It comes with many features, but overlay, heat maps, scroll maps, and confetti are the most important.
- Confetti allows you to look at all clicks to your website.
- It gives you information about the referral source, location, and search terms.
- API integration with third party software is minimal.
- Exporting features are limited to images and PDFs.
Conversation Rate Optimization Tools: Wrapping It Up
These conversion rate optimization tools are very easy to use and implement. In the above list, some of the tools require a single line of code that a non-tech user can easily insert into the website header. Some conversion rate optimization tools are free of cost for the basic packages, but they do come with limitations. However, even with the limitations, you'll be able to collect the important data that can help boost your conversion rate.
Do you have any questions regarding any tool? Which conversion rate optimization tools do you use and why? Feel free to enter the discussion below!
Hand-Picked Related Articles:
- 25 Amazing Ways to Boost eCommerce Conversion Rates
- The Psychology of Conversion Optimization: Anatomy of the Brain
- Conversion Optimization Steps Every Marketer Needs to Take
* Lead image adapted from epSos.de
One thought on “13 Conversion Rate Optimization Tools Compared”
I couldn’t help but notice you left Instapage off the list. Humbly speaking, we’re one of the world’s authorities in building landing pages, optimizing, and A/B testing them. We have a drag and drop editor, simple interface, customizable templates, integrations, and just rolled out the best analytics in the industry in January. I encourage you to take a look at our software and let me know your thoughts.
Comments are closed.