Like most SEO's, I'm a huge fan of Firefox and all the versatility it offers as a browser, and a tool for optimizating my optimization experience . With thousands of extensions available to augment your browsing experience, I thought it'd be great to create a resource for the top 10 firefox extension's for SEO's that you didn't know about!
- User Agent Switcher - Adds a menu and a toolbar button to switch the user agent of the browser.
- LiveHTTPHeaders - View HTTP Headers on the fly. Extremely helpful for debugging web applications.
- AutoCopy - Select text and it's automaticaly copied to the clipboard, like Trillian or mIrc.
- FireFTP - Full-featured, free FTP client that runs as a Firefox extension.
- SplitLink - View the true url that you are being redirected to. Extremely handy for figuring out affiliate redirects
- Download Embedded - Download Embedded does exactly what it sounds like it does. It adds a right-click context menu entry to download all embedded files on a webpage. Its great for grabbing embedded flash animations, movies, music, etc., and a lot easier than digging through the page source or through Firefox's Page Info.
- BetterSearch - Enhances Google, MSN Search, Yahoo Search, A9, Answers.com, AllTheWeb, del.icio.us and Simpy.com by adding previews (thumbnails) and Amazon product images and info, a quick preview feature as well as "Open in New Window", "Site Info" and "Wayback Machine" links to the search results
- SwitchProxy Tool - This tool makes it easy to store and switch between multiple proxy profiles.
- ViewSourceWith -View page source with external applications, you can also open images using GIMP or ACDSee or open PDF link using Acrobat Reader.
- Refspoof - A simple toolbar that allows to load a page with a different referer. Makes detecting cloaking pretty easy!
- HTML Validator -HTML Validator is a Mozilla extension that adds HTML validation inside Firefox and Mozilla. The number of errors of a HTML page is seen on the form of an icon in the status bar when browsing. The details of the errors are seen when looking the HTML source of the page.
These tools are only an extension of your own SEOage abilities, so remember that they will only aid you, and not provide any quick fixes. Leave a comment and let me know how these extensions work out for you!
"A tool is but the extension of a man's hand, and a machine is but a complex tool. And he that invents a machine augments the power of a man and the well-being of mankind. " - Henry Ward Beecher